Key ideas for designing spaces:
movable furniture - makes library able to do different things
* group spaces
* TV news broadcast around school
* what do students want/need and when?
* bright colours, patterns
* Make a statement with the entrance
* combine student art gallery with library - but good set up of art
* giant chess board mat - I know there are plans for a painted giant chess board. I wonder whether a mat would be better?
* impact on learning outcomes
* including various cultural views, attitudes, beliefs and values
* feeling welcomed, home-like
We are building a new campus, so some of these ideas will be useful. I hope to use a couple in our current campus.